Any new movies lookin' good?

Music Forums Off Topic Discussion Any new movies lookin' good?  
RiCterMan
ubw luminary
ubw luminary

Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:49 am Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

-Just curious to know if anyone's seen any new movie's lately, and whether they were good or not? Some that I wanna' see are "Stealth", "Charlie and The Choc. Factory", and "The Skeleton Key". I know the first two I mentioned are out in the U.S., the third isn't, and I don't know what happens with movie releases anywhere else. So, give me some opinions, etc.! Very Happy Later!
Back to top View user's profile
quanquan
ubw rookie
ubw rookie

Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:47 pm Reply with quote

Shark tale /Garfield /Madagascar are my favorites for now Mr. Green , but the first two are not that new .
RiCterMan
ubw luminary
ubw luminary

Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 6:15 am Reply with quote

-You into animated films? If so, it's not a bad thing. I have a friend (online) who wants to make animated films someday.

I heard Madagascar was good. -Didn't hear much about the other two. Later!
Soulfish
ubw luminary
ubw luminary

Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:28 pm Reply with quote

I heard Stealth was pants. N-Joyed Charlie and the Choc factory though - Tim Burton and Johnnie cheekbones Depp seem to deliver most times.
IbAnEz05
ubw newbie
ubw newbie

Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:13 pm Reply with quote

The best movie out right now is probally wedding crasher, four brothers and dukes of hazzard. I personally like the wedding crashers the best. Well four brother and dukes was excellent i thought that the wedding crashers u got more bang for ur buck. Well peace
Back to top View user's profileSend e-mail
IbAnEz05
ubw newbie
ubw newbie

Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:15 pm Reply with quote

Also stealth was the worst movie that i have ever seen im my life. Me and my friends went and saw and a left about 30 min in to the movie. So if ur thinking about seing it ddddddddddddddddddddooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnntttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt.Peace
dagon
ubw active poster
ubw active poster

Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:01 pm Reply with quote

i dont enjoy many new films nowadays.

Especially so called horror flicks like the ring or that one with whats her name from buffy the vampire slaver.

they all seem to be a total cop out with no real depth.

i cant even remember the last film i went to see, not that it was that long ago, but whatever it was just didnt leave a great impression on me.

originality seems to have been lost to a certain extent, there are an awful lot of remakes happening.

I suppose the same goes for music. Cover after cover after cover after cover after cover.............................................................................................

Tina turner was wrong.

We do need another hero.

DAGON.
joker
ubw newbie
ubw newbie

Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:20 pm Reply with quote

Exclamation edited, please dont spam the board with stupid videos/images next time

-unproject
dagon
ubw active poster
ubw active poster

Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:34 am Reply with quote

Thanks Unproject!

Guitarman152
ubw luminary
ubw luminary

Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:47 pm Reply with quote

I don't know what is good nowadays, but I know War of the World was totally awfull.
don't waste your time or money on that one. . .but I would highly recommend Shawshank Redemption from a few years back.
dagon
ubw active poster
ubw active poster

Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:03 pm Reply with quote

Hey, Unproject, thanks for getting rid of the farting woman thing!

war of the worlds did have the potential to be a great film, but watching it, its amazing how little actually happens in it. at the end when cruise makes it to his wifes place, there seems to be little evidence that there actually was a war of the worlds. more a war around tom cruise. It could have done with a little more story instead of being just 3 - 4 special effects set pieces.

There dont seem to be many decent films nowadays. Last one I can remember seeing was the last LOTR film a couple of years ago.

Last film I enjoyed was Freddy v`s Jason. Not that it was a great film, but I did get a good laugh out of it, although I suspect that was the point.

There arent any decent actors anymore either, and people like Brad pitt, the git out of Gladiator and also George Clooney should just get lost. They arent great actors, and when they try and do serious stuff (Like Troy) it just ends up being a load of overblown set pieces interspersed with really bad acting (or casting).

And as for Star wars, George Lucas has just taken one long piss over the legend he created with the originals.

Maybe we should introduce these people to the fart forum. They would score full marks in all categories if they submit their wet fart films.

Also: there are too many remakes, too many duff film franchises getting sequel after sequel (Most of the marvel comics films, I mean Spiderman? Comon, that has to be one of the worst superhero films ever. He doesnt even look real, and for 90 percent of the film, its just computer generated bilge. I preferred the spiderman films in the 70`s, at least they did have a real guy climbing up the side of buildings on a puley, and Lets not talk about Hulk. X-men is the only one that seems to be ok, but its still not great, Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan are sorely underused. and then the recent fantastic 4 flop. 3 sequels left no doubt)

Im looking forward to the next Rambo and Rocky efforts. Stallone is obviously in need of a comeback of some sort to be considering these ideas, ut they should be worth a laugh.

Old films are the best, especially 70`s ones. They knew how to make films back then and aso how to use actors.

Im gonna clear off now and watch Dirty Harry blow some m******f**k**s away.

Rant over.

unproject

Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:35 pm Reply with quote

dagon wrote:

mad
ubw rookie
ubw rookie

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:25 pm Reply with quote

corpse bride's lookin dam good but i havent seen it yet, my gf sez she'll kill me if i see without Sad but i cant always say i havent seen and go with old frends
Guitarman152
ubw luminary
ubw luminary

Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:08 am Reply with quote

unproject wrote:
dagon wrote:

ditto . . . again, if the fart forum is offending to anyone you can get rid of it if you'd like unproject or just ask and I'll do it . . .
I was just trying to have some laughs . . the things bordom causes us to do sometimes . . .

BUT I do look forward to seVven's replies . . Laughing

unproject

Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:48 am Reply with quote

Guitarman152 wrote:
unproject wrote:
dagon wrote:

ditto . . . again, if the fart forum is offending to anyone you can get rid of it if you'd like unproject or just ask and I'll do it . . .

nope, it was just the video that was annoying