Final Song of Mother Earth

Music Forums Lyrics Final Song of Mother Earth  
cprmark
ubw newbie
ubw newbie

Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:22 pm Reply with quote

This is an old poem of mine that I think is pretty cool. Read it as if it were the Earth telling the story *................................................................................................. With deepest sighs, Winter crys its frozen tears alone. No one sees its rare beauty, pray tell, where have they gone? Good Lord above, Sweet God of love has whisked them all away. A little peace to ward the beast, and maybe they'd have stayed. Today is the day to say goodbye the moon will no longer follow. The sun might stay, but who could say. No one its light will borrow. Oh hear me wind, goodbye my friend, go back from whence you came. Your job is done, now judgements come to spread the guilt and blame. What can I say? So many days I've lived, and now it's time. I'll pay the bill my Fathers will, twill be the final sign. Eternity's tide was well prophisied, and I hope at least one of them listened. In the blink of an eye my worth will die, and New Jeruselem shall be christened.
Back to top View user's profileSend e-mail
minusme
Site Admin

Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:26 pm Reply with quote

Well done cprmark!!! Very well written. When you say them out loud as you read, they are very powerful!

Thanks for sharing!
Ron
smili

Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:05 pm Reply with quote

Cprmark, I look forward to your posts here.

the internal rhyme and tight cadence is enjoyable to read. I'm not sure on the comprehension for this one - but I do enjoy your posts.

smili
Back to top View user's profile
roseeee
ubw newbie
ubw newbie

Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:44 pm Reply with quote

i know we can all read into poetry and lyrics from many different angles... but this one strikes me as quite melancholy although still quite beautiful... of course, I'm reading into this as the end of the world... a frozen winter - a winter that cries for noone around to witness her beauty... Well... perhaps that's why it struck me as melancholy.. well done, and keep posting your work! Smile R.
Back to top View user's profile
cprmark
ubw newbie
ubw newbie

Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:49 pm Reply with quote

Thanks everyone. Your replies are very encouraging. I'll post more as time allows.