Line 6 Guitar review

Music Forums Music Line 6 Guitar review  
Soulfish
ubw luminary
ubw luminary

Posted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:25 pm Reply with quote

Just got me a line 6 acoustic. Craziest bit of kit I've ever seen - It "Models" guitars so on the one intrument you have about 15 usable guitars (all acoustic - some nylon string, 12 string too) You get three controls - volume - compression and mic distance (imagine you're recording it and moving the mic around). So far - so bloody excellent. It's thin like an electric so easy to wear low - a bit heavy but nothin close to an SG, all in all I am one happy guitar playing dude. All the guitars they've "modelled" are class A way out of my league bits of kit. No feed back - and no engineer headaches. Recommend anyone looking for a gigging acoustic to look them up - website is pretty good - let's you hear the thing. Really looking forward to recording with it as I can now track up using different guitars without unplugging. The whole detune virtual capo thing is a bit crap though - loses it's 'realness' in the tone. Anyway - for what it's worth - thought I'd share my good fortune.

Any other bits of recommended kit? - share the wealth! On the look out for a well weighted gig hardy vocal mic stand. + Anyone (in UK only - Sorry, post and package etc etc etc..) looking for Mesa Boogie V Twin head? Guitarist is looking to get rid of his - Hugely powerful and hugely expensive and hardly used (suprise suprise!)
Back to top View user's profile
minusme
Site Admin

Posted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:42 pm Reply with quote

I've listened to some of Line 6 's modelling amps.. Really nice. YOu can make them sound like almost anything. They're just so DAMN expensive here!!!!

Never tried their guitars, I'll have to make a visit to the local music store!

Ron
Back to top View user's profileSend e-mail
Brooksy
ubw screen dweller
ubw screen dweller

Posted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:58 pm Reply with quote

Lucky, lucky, lucky,Lucky, lucky, lucky, Lucky, lucky, lucky,Lucky, lucky, lucky,Rolling Eyes
Soulfish
ubw luminary
ubw luminary

Posted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:03 pm Reply with quote

Brooksy wrote:
Lucky, lucky, lucky,Lucky, lucky, lucky, Lucky, lucky, lucky,Lucky, lucky, lucky,Rolling Eyes

And don't I know it!!!!! Embarassed
Brooksy
ubw screen dweller
ubw screen dweller

Posted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:12 pm Reply with quote

MODESTY......Eeewwwww Laughing
Soulfish
ubw luminary
ubw luminary

Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:57 pm Reply with quote

You're right Brooksy - Modesty???!!!!! Just thought I'd try it on for a sec.... no wonder all the little people look so depressed all the time!
smili

Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:20 pm Reply with quote

Soulfish - but the problem with gear is it's a never ending search. As soon as I buy one thing I'm almost magically on the hunt for the next something. I've often gotta remind myself I spend more time shopping for gear than actually playing Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Is the Line 6 acoustic modeler primarily for on stage, or do you studio applications too? Does it emulate a real acoustic that well? Does it do rock too, or do you need the other Line 6 guitar for that (Variac? I think)?

sorry - no idea on a mic stand.

smili
Soulfish
ubw luminary
ubw luminary

Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:06 pm Reply with quote

smili wrote:
Soulfish - but the problem with gear is it's a never ending search. As soon as I buy one thing I'm almost magically on the hunt for the next something. I've often gotta remind myself I spend more time shopping for gear than actually playing Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Is the Line 6 acoustic modeler primarily for on stage, or do you studio applications too? Does it emulate a real acoustic that well? Does it do rock too, or do you need the other Line 6 guitar for that (Variac? I think)?

sorry - no idea on a mic stand.

smili

It's really a great all rounder so far. There's nothing to touch it for a live acoustic guitar sound (short of you playing in a perspex box with mics all around you) and in the studio you instantly have enough acoustics to make tracking up texture interesting with all the normal phasing issues take care of as no live mics are needed - It has a stereo out.
You can, like any acoustic with pick ups, plug it into any electric kit you like but same as the acoustics, the sound you get is not electric (I take it you mean distortion). I use it for both but it's not an electric by any stretch.
smili

Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:59 pm Reply with quote

I forgot about that post.. goes way back.

let me know if you post a tune w/ the aco gtr modeler. Interested to hear it in action.