Securing equipment

Music Forums Music Equipment Securing equipment  
mudpie
ubw newbie
ubw newbie

Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:14 pm Reply with quote

Hi. First post, so if it's in the wrong place, sorry.

My brother is in a local band, just starting out, one disc out, playing some shows pretty regular, and overall doing well so far. Last night though, after a show, he found his car had been broken into and everything was taken....guitar, amps, pedals, cables, mics....everything.

One of the things we want to work on is a way to secure equipment into his vehicle. I've found some Anvil cases on Craigslist, and was thinking about something like that, but I don't know what sizes would work best for his needs so that will have to wait. As I think about it though, it seems to me that a case would just provide handles for a thief to carry off more stuff at one time.

Anyway, what I'm looking for is suggestions on good ways to actually secure equipment in the vehicle. It may be just as simple as drilling a hole in the case, sticking an eye bolt in there, and running a security cable to a D-ring welded to the floor. Or, something elaborate like a custom cargo box (he drives a mid-size SUV).

If you've seen any cool setups, or have found ways that work for you to keep your stuff from walking off, I'd appreciate the input. Especially if you've got a pic or two.

Thanks
Back to top View user's profile
smili

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:18 pm Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. I don't know of a good solution. I was always paranoid about my gear when I was out - almost to the point that I couldn't enjoy myself.

- I'd try to keep stuff with me as much as I could (a pain, yeah...)
- keep stuff out of site if in vehicle (trunk if possible)
- travel light - esp use amps provided at venue if available.
Back to top View user's profile