digital to analog USB converters..

Music Forums Music Equipment digital to analog USB converters..  
major
ubw newbie
ubw newbie

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:18 pm Reply with quote

..curious if anyone has any experience in a DAC via USB connection? I've seen several, and I'm trying to decide which is best for me. I'm sort've cheap (school and all), but I want to explore what I can do. I have ACID music studio 5.0 and am operating on WinXP. I can't mix to the quality that I would like on my laptop speakers (yes, laptop - refurbished DELL Inspiron 6000), so I will be connecting through my stereo's speakers for a better feel. All I need now is a USB digital to analog converter.

I've seen some articles and equipment, but I'm confused as to how high-quality I should go. I know that I sacrifice quality with price cuts, but I'm sort've on a budget.. rawr. Meaning: I'm hoping to spend no more than $300. Less is always better from the budget POV...

So are there any suggestions?
Back to top View user's profile
smili

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:45 pm Reply with quote

I haven't bought any of that stuff in so long I haven't a clue.

The rec.audio.pro newsgroup would probably have some discussions

http://groups.google.com/groups/search?hl=en&lr=lang_en&safe=off&num=10&q=USB+converter+group%3Arec.audio.pro&as_drrb=q&as_qdr=y&safe=off&qt_s=Search
CraigCyril
ubw rookie
ubw rookie

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:32 am Reply with quote

I like a USB DAC more than a sound card mainly because it can be more versatile especially at low- and mid-budget rigs. You can use it with any number of laptops, desktops, and transports in conjunction with a decent headphone amp.
CraigCyril
ubw rookie
ubw rookie

Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:23 am Reply with quote

You can use the DAC7 Digital-to-Analog Converter with USB. This is the very nice.