Operation... (Change of Topic, Pg. 2)

Music Forums Off Topic Discussion Operation... (Change of Topic, Pg. 2)  
seVven
ubw active poster
ubw active poster

Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:38 am Reply with quote

Hope everything worked out ok for you man.
Back to top View user's profile
Seneki
ubw luminary
ubw luminary

Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:34 am Reply with quote

Me too, keep us posted on how your doin'.

-Seneki
Guitarman152
ubw luminary
ubw luminary

Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:35 am Reply with quote

hang in there man, I had to take demerol for 5 or 6 days, I suffered immensely that 1st night, I 'm glad you at least got to the emergency room for some relief. . .yeah the percocets didn't work until almost a week into my ordeal, they usually do for most. . .I hope all will be ok man.
This is starting to sound all too familiar. . . ask for demerol if the pain is real bad, it helps and makes you tired. . .
Hang in there RiCterman.
Erick................................
RiCterMan
ubw luminary
ubw luminary

Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:40 pm Reply with quote

Thanks again, Erick. Honestly, the night at the E.R. was probably the worst experience that I've ever had. They gave me three shots of Morphine through an I.V., and that didn't stop the pain more than slightly. I kept tryin' to sleep a little, when the chances came about, but I'd exhale too heavy, and then quickly wake up cause' of the pain.

Today I went to a follow-up Appt. w/the surgeon, and until that point, today (now yesterday) sucked, but then, after that I had five hours where I felt better than the first day, which had been the least painful day.

But now tonight, some stuff has happened with the diabetes insulins I use, and now I have to try to stay up until 9PM. I'm doin' better than when this first happened, but I've been awake for about 81 of the last 93 hours. So, it's kind of difficult right now, and I have no choice but to stay awake, or I could have a diabetic emergency.

Anyway, I'll be fine. See, The surgeon also said the first three days are usually the worst with this, specific procedure, and I'm at the beginning of day 5.

-And that's the update on that stuff. I'll be around... -just slowly. Laughing Later, everyone!
Seneki
ubw luminary
ubw luminary

Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:58 pm Reply with quote

I'm amazed you can still think clearly after all this, let alone type it all.
What a champ! Hang in there...

-Seneki
RiCterMan
ubw luminary
ubw luminary

Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:53 pm Reply with quote

Thanks man! I'm amazed too. But after getting situated by the computer, typing isn't that difficult at all.

Tonight, I am feeling great. Little pain, easier mobility, and I've been getting a little more sleep finally. I even went to the grocery store tonight, with my father, and I got bored waiting, so I got out of the truck and went in. -Walked through the store a little to find him, and it didn't feel bad at all. It's crazy how two days ago I was feeling excrutiating pain a lot of the time, and now, there's not much at all. I should be able to start moving around quicker within a week, maybe less time. Very Happy Thanks again, Seneki, and everyone. Later!
Seneki
ubw luminary
ubw luminary

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:23 pm Reply with quote

Thats awesome man. You'll be back to full speed again very soon!

-Seneki
RiCterMan
ubw luminary
ubw luminary

Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:37 pm Reply with quote

Man... This seems incredible. This surgery was the most painful of the three hernia surgeries I've had, but it's also been the fastest progressing recovery of all. Today I feel amazing, and I'm even able to go four hours or more past the next pill time (every time), without more than moderate pain. It's been 8 days since the surgery, and the night of the first day was the emergency room trip. I'm just very surprised, and greatly thankful that things are working out this way. Thanks for all the continued support. Very Happy Later!
RiCterMan
ubw luminary
ubw luminary

Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:33 pm Reply with quote

I'm having little, if any pain with the actual surgery today. More or less, it's discomfort, and only pain from not bein' able to use the r-room (sorry if too much info). But in general, I feel very, very good, and soon I can begin a quest to find a decent job. Mr. Green

Life is great, everyone! I'll be around. Later!
beautiful_sinz
ubw newbie
ubw newbie

Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:49 pm Reply with quote

Hello ^.^=
Back to top View user's profileSend e-mail
Guitarman152
ubw luminary
ubw luminary

Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:22 pm Reply with quote

Good for you RiCterMan ! . . . I'm glad all is well . . .
RiCterMan
ubw luminary
ubw luminary

Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:24 pm Reply with quote

Hello, Beautiful_Sinz. Smile

Thanks again, Erick!

Another small update... I CAN SING, AGAIN!!! (For those who don't know, did I mention I write and sing original lyrics?) Very Happy This is a very unexpected improvement, so I'm very, very happy about it. I'll be around. Later!
RiCterMan
ubw luminary
ubw luminary

Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:46 pm Reply with quote

Ok, everyone. Since things are progressively and rapidly getting better, I don't think I'll be posting any new updates on how I'm doing with the recovery. If you are still wondering after tonight, send me a PM, and I'll let ya' know.

Instead, I want this thread to take on a new life, if you will. If anyone has any experiences with hernia surgery/surgeries, or any other kind of operation, feel free to share it here. This latest experience has been rough at times, but quickly turned into a good one, and I'd like to hear anything that anyone may like to share about their past/current recoveries.

Once again, to those who gave their support, thank you much. Seneki said, "What a champ!," in an earlier reply, but just to quickly state this, I'm not really a champ; I'm more of the usual surgery patient. -Not that I wasn't grateful for the kind words. Smile

So, keep this thread alive a little longer, and add whatever you may be compelled to. Take it easy, everyone. I'll be around. Later!
seVven
ubw active poster
ubw active poster

Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:55 am Reply with quote

Hey Man ... glad to see you are back on form.
here's to Positive Energy ....
RiCterMan
ubw luminary
ubw luminary

Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:29 am Reply with quote

Laughing Yes, indeed. Smile Thanks much! Later!