"Criminal, to You" (last old one)

Music Forums Lyrics "Criminal, to You" (last old one)  
RiCterMan
ubw luminary
ubw luminary

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:52 am Reply with quote

Hello People,

This song is somewhere around a year and a half old, and it's about a family member, who aided feelings that I used to feel, by always thinking I didn't love them. I know, now, that what the person did was unintentional, but even today it's hard for me, to be close to them. I never titled this one, up until I looked at it earlier, and thought about it. I came up with "Criminal, to You", which isn't great, but I feel it's good enough. So, give it a glance.

"Criminal, to You"

I see you standing there
wide-eyed and surprised.
You think that I did this to you,
but what about all
the things you've done
to me?

(Chorus):
I'm through... with you.
I'm sick of all the sh*t
(that) you always put me through.
I'm through... with you,
cause' you never see anything.
I'm through.....

You're still standing there.
Your eyes look traumatized.
You think I'm the one
who betrayed you,
but what about the pain undone
in me?

(2nd run Chorus)

(Outro):
You think that I'm the one
who tries to trample you, and make you feel pain.
Everybody...
else can see the truth,
that I've stopped smiling,
now.
The smile that was, died long ago.
You smiled yesterday.

EnD

Sorry to be so secretive about that person who the song is about, but the reason may be evident. This person is pretty fragile. If they were to see this song, by some remote chance, I don't know what they'd think/do, but I know it would crush them. Like I said, we aren't close, but I do care about this person now, and if I said who it was I'd worry a little. Although I just realized something... Ok... Look around, and then you may know who it's about. I'd prefer that nobody knew, but I slipped up. I guess it happens... Thanks.

Cheers, and a smile, to All.

RiCterMan
Back to top View user's profile
minusme
Site Admin

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:57 pm Reply with quote

hey bro!

the good... The subject matter is obviously very close to you and that gives it a peronsal feel, wich is always good with lyrics!!!

the bad... For some reason I just couldn't get the glow of these. I read through them 3 times and just couldn't get the rhythm. Perhaps if I heard them in a song it would be different.

Thanks for sharing!!
Back to top View user's profileSend e-mail
RiCterMan
ubw luminary
ubw luminary

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:24 pm Reply with quote

Yes. This is probably one of the top three, most personal topics I use, when I write lyrics.

Also, when I found this about a month or so ago, I was glad I remembered the rhythm. If I didn't, I would've had to re-write, or scrap this one, because it's tune flows good, but to any reader it's unrecognizable.

Someday, hopefully I'll be able to have some kind of recording of this, that I can put on the site. That (if it happens) won't be for at least a year, year and a half, and even then, I'm not sure I'd want to work on this one right away. My priority would probably be the newer songs.

Much appreciation. Very Happy Cheers, Ron!

RiCterMan
Back to top View user's profile