Rapper looking for producer to grow/mesh with

Music Forums Opportunities & Collaborations Rapper looking for producer to grow/mesh with  
NickMacy
ubw newbie
ubw newbie

Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:18 pm Reply with quote

Hello,

I have been rapping for about 3 years now on and off when I've had the time. Last year, I dropped my first project. However, it was not up to my standards due to not having the necessary money for enough studio time to make it the way I wanted it, in addition to having to purchase beats off of youtube rather than have input into the creation process. This led to a less structurally complex, emotionally poignant, and musically appealing overall product than I feel I am capable of producing.

In order to avoid this issue and advance my craft, I am looking for people to grow with who are just as invested in the work as I am and are willing to create a long-term working relationship. I am in the Philadelphia area and would prefer someone nearby, but I am open to working with people online if the connection is there.

Stylistically, I'm often compared to Eminem or Kendrick, although I am working on creating my own style. I tend to look for beats that are less "bangers," and more ones that serve as good conduits for the emotions I'm trying to convey. Although I pride myself on complexity/technicality/importance of my message, I don't shy away from less conscious material either and dabble in some stereotypical rap topics, as long as I don't sacrifice artistic integrity. Currently, the major points I am working on improving are hooks, musicality of my rapping, and creating a unique/recognizable persona.

As reference, although I've matured and improved in the past year, here is the link to my first mixtape:
https://soundcloud.com/nick-macy/sets/the-darkest-light

If this sounds appealing to you, feel free to contact me at nmacy77@gmail.com and we can move from there. If you aren't interested but know someone who may be, or have any criticism of my work, I am open to that too.

Thanks, and I look forward to hopefully meeting you!
Back to top View user's profile
musicproducer0803
ubw newbie
ubw newbie

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:47 pm Reply with quote

where r u from?
Please email Amcknight10@gmail.com he is a music producer in Philadelphia
Back to top View user's profile