Streaming Bug?

Music Forums Bugs, Questions, & Technical Help Streaming Bug?  
fjr
ubw newbie
ubw newbie

Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:37 pm Reply with quote

Hi there!

I've uploaded only a single track so far, and availed it only for streaming (both hi- and lo-fi). Each time I've tested to see how it's playing it has stopped and restarted anywhere from half to two-thirds of the way through. I've tried from a couple of different machines now to the same result, and also have re-uploaded.

Could it be on my end, or is this common?

If you could check it out here and see if it does the same for you I would be greatly appreciative (no, this isn't just a shameless plug).

I realize it's not the finest specimen of a track, and I'm only seeking technical assistance before I put forth the effort to upgrade and/or upload higher quality tunes.

Thanks!
Back to top View user's profile
minusme
Site Admin

Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:46 pm Reply with quote

A few questions:

1) Are you able to stream other songs from the charts page. Do they play all the way through?
2) Can you try a different connection (or have a friend/family member) try from another internet connection

Thanks!
Back to top View user's profileSend e-mail
fjr
ubw newbie
ubw newbie

Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:52 pm Reply with quote

It varies when I try streaming other folk's songs. You seem to imply that it isn't a common issue, so it's probably on my end.

I don't see a way to remove this post, but as it's no longer relevant you're free to do so from the admin side.

Thanks for your help.
PPB

Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:20 pm Reply with quote

i had troubles too...
With Winamp the file play is brutally stopped...
But with Windows media player it works fine !