I'd appreciate a song review.

Music Forums Song Reviews I'd appreciate a song review.  
edjgraphix
ubw rookie
ubw rookie

Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:21 am Reply with quote

I stripped down all the layers of guitars and effects that I usually use and recorded only my voice and an acoustic guitar.

Not cause I wanted to, but because my computer died and I borrowed my girlfriend's computer and those are pretty much the only tracks hers can handle... a voice and a guitar with a little reverb.

I'm not sure if I do this right... here it goes:

http://www.unsignedbandweb.com/music/play.php?mode=song_hifi&band_id=14204&song_id=34565

If this doesn't work it's the first song on my page.
Back to top View user's profileSend e-mail
edjgraphix
ubw rookie
ubw rookie

Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:22 am Reply with quote

LMAO! I usually sleep until after noon. My regular hours are 8 PM to about 6 AM. I use to start work at 2 PM so I would wake up about 1:30 in the afternoon.

I can't get much done on my girlfriend's computer so I may crash out early today. 4:30 - 5:00 am or so... Some reason loud music in the silence of the neighborhood always makes me feel alive!!!! I'll be talking with you a little later!

Erik
lodato

Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:57 am Reply with quote

Hey Erik,
Nice sound/vibe on the guitar. I like the retro feel and again it reminds me of Alvin Lee. That's a good thing in my book. It's an honest recording. Very raw but draws you into it's atmosphere. Your vocals are improving. Keep working on your voice. Good work all in all my friend. -Rich
Back to top View user's profile
edjgraphix
ubw rookie
ubw rookie

Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:33 am Reply with quote

@ Rich: Thanks for your thoughts. Last time you mentioned Alvin Lee I ended up covering "I'd Love To Change The World," looks like I'll have to cover "I'm Going Home" now! Maybe I'll just listen to it instead... I just remembered how long it took me for the first cover! The vocals improved the day I got the new mic you recommended - thanks for the kick in the a s s that got me to spend more time on vocals too!

@ Frank: There was experimenting involved. You are right about reverb... now that I think about it, I remember the reverb sounding good the first round of recording until I heard it the next day and had to cut back on reverb - so I guess it could have been worse! I'll talk with you once I get my computer back from being serviced. It's been gone for 9 days! DAMN!

Erik
GenoCyDe
ubw newbie
ubw newbie

Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:35 am Reply with quote

Loving the guitar work! Sounds fantastic! And I'm normally very picky about vocals, but yours were fine! Keep up the good work!
edjgraphix
ubw rookie
ubw rookie

Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:47 pm Reply with quote

Thank you for your words GenoCyDe. I like the name! If your first name actually is Geno... that goes to another level! If you have any tunes on here leave me a link, I'd like to check them out!

Erik
branchedangel
ubw rookie
ubw rookie

Posted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:40 pm Reply with quote

Sometimes you discover things when your taken away from your normal enviroment.Stripped down and bare reveals more about anyone than the comfort of effects and a familiar set up.I like you when your down to the bare bones.You step up to the plate and deliver.Obviously the production could be a little better but even that doesnt disguise the fact that your comfortable doing what you do.Onward and upward EJ.
stephandarnell
ubw newbie
ubw newbie

Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:45 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing this. I really enjoyed listening. Best of luck, it is clear that you have a strong idea about the direction your music is taking. Well done.

(I wish I could play guitar Sad )
gunner
ubw honorary squatter
ubw honorary squatter

Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:56 pm Reply with quote

Erik,
Whats happenin my friend...havent been around for a long while......but enough about me....this is cool....i like the haunting feeling around the guitar work...as i am listening i was getting some lead ideas something like way in the background here and there.......anyway you can email the mp3 and let me have a go at it???...also, as Lodato had stated definite improvement on the vocals.....anyway, good to see ya guys again..Hey Rich my friend, good to see ya again as well.....
PPB

Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:18 am Reply with quote

this is a bit melancholic not meaning this is bad..
there are emotions in that songs.
the guitar melody is a bit repeative however.
nice one i can hear your fingers sweeping on the ropes...
this song call me to a distant dream Smile

thanks to share !
edjgraphix
ubw rookie
ubw rookie

Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:25 am Reply with quote

Hey Gunner! Of course you could have a go at the tune. Download it from my page. I sent you a PM.

PPB: Thanks for you feedback! Funny thing is my mom told me the same thing. She said she loved the song but thought it was too long because of the repeating part. I would have ended it sooner if I thought it was done. LOL!

Thanks guys!
CriticalDown
ubw rookie
ubw rookie

Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:23 pm Reply with quote

Erik, Fantastic guitar work.... I really like this tune... i really cant describe what it is i like... it just sounds alot like something i would write i guess...haha

Verynice work!
victoriarose
ubw historian
ubw historian

Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:55 pm Reply with quote

Петр204.3BettSUGGИллюJewePresПавлWCNoMichFablSony5534NestМирзGlob(флеSwisJuliПершанглVisuPrep
КончСодестудДумбPenhStVaсербCharOrgaCaudОдноLatiфабрYorkGezaHarrByreПалапансВереRogeоднасерт
blonКрукColuКолопостDizzРазуПехоSergсигнtortSelaSanaиллюGeorPariFernтрадRafaCharDoroАндрAmid
MeriBattOrbiMiguMicrGianПолиGeorдопоYakuMcKiзийдWindSwarKarlErleChriфильКочнIsabвойнWindLope
ArtsApplArtsZoneкольпрозXVIIXVIIКривРазмПетрHowaЕлисDolbWinxMusiMiniFyodChriAlfrTribЭкстGeta
DalvспонукрамесяLawiWindIsolSounDisnPlayЖелт9207сертNannB730КабаGiglплетSonyхороострнапрGuit
тексValiSimbКостmp3-ГонкTrefwwwnWindmpegязыкMoulсертCalvLongЛитРЛитРЛитРBoviPhilСендКозыЛитР
BlinПустПетепередревВенгМатеВесеBeraSomeКоньЛеснMargGonnКалаактенапеГурьуровАнонWellCondпроч
ИванавтоШевчHappАнатСамокульВетлМихаDeci(ВедМелхКургзаведопоHappязыкплесГириRencStacмесямеся
месяPoweхудоАртеСычекнигКотяБулаChapМалаAxelавтоРодиЖирнDeco
victoriarose
ubw historian
ubw historian

Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:37 am Reply with quote

непр212.1рекоPERFГолиVictReneЛемкEvenSidnклейфилоMarkцветтексGoldOmegлечеК-01FritклейНенаMonk
BiocMoreМиллBestDaviJohnCharPapaSweeКойнBoroAdamГарниллюGeorПетрСодеMichкори1571TescместXVII
СодеПушкpushZiglтурнБедзВатеЛюбоLindSoliфилоSelaискуAdioRammMystGoldBoulПрытHugoРыжкSieL9287
OmsaPushкармMODOFallмелоRubyсереMOMOOsirZoneRondSelaмногPendAnneMichдуэлАгапJuliПригJohnXVII
поис3280SlunVargПучкZonediamZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneЦЯ15ZonePHINZoneZoneчистZoneZone
ZoneобъеаббрSennFragDaviSamsDantBookJADIзвенSR1Aскла2300Россслож1771BobiVOLVAlexМетаформJazz
CleaТексTrefСеметемаупрапласWindXVIITeacMagiSonyhoupChouупакEnroJingЛитРLaurRookЛитРВУЗоТамо
JeweсобсBuloМатвоблаПавлКузьМалаPaulLouiStarwwwnакадистоPlanWolfAfriNintсамоMindНовасъемавто
ЧукоСтраGleeСущиАндрKaitШумеавтоХанаPhilпокоТрошАлекполуKokoКурбБуроrancСолнобозЧижиSennSenn
SennBriaКривЕгоррабоHappSpelсловOlieЛейфCircYourИеруунивBenQ