How does the voting system work?

Music Forums Bugs, Questions, & Technical Help How does the voting system work?  
indyrenu
ubw newbie
ubw newbie

Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:19 pm Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I am a new member on this site, and i am a bit confused about how the voting system works. I understand that your songs go into the charts automatically- but how and who votes for them? Thanks Smile
Hope i havent asked the wrong question?? Embarassed
Back to top View user's profile
gorgatron

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:20 am Reply with quote

hello and welcome!

the charts don't function the same here at UBW as at other sites with respect to voting. the charts reflect the number of plays, which you can enhance by requesting song reviews in the respective forum, if you haven't done so already.

i'm not sure how it works, but UBW seems to also have some sort of partnership with other sites which stream music on their homepage and provide links to the UBW profile (which i reckon is located somewhere in an agreement or disclaimer when we sign up for our artist accounts). i've used the Referrer Log under <Extra> on my artist management page to see where the plays come from. i've noticed that we get googled often. lol it's kind of weird when you check the log and find someone googled your band name in China or some other place you'd never expect...or at least i'd never expect.

so, in short, it's all about plays and traffic, and you can greatly influence both. this isn't a competitive site in the sense that we're competing or voting, but instead we often try to focus on technical stuff. users focus a lot on engineering and mixing, but from the perspective of the home studio and low budgets. but, you'll still also find many who like to focus on lyrics and songwriting in general. we're a very musically diverse community and we like to keep everything friendly but still critical. even though we get kind of technical, we're not like a lot of sites where all the criticism is negative.

now that i've written you a book about the site lol i hope you enjoy it here and i'll be looking for your tracks in the song reviews forum. take care abd best of luck!

Cool
Back to top View user's profile
minusme
Site Admin

Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:14 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for the great answer gorgatron!
Back to top View user's profileSend e-mail