New Server

Music Forums Site Announcements & Rules New Server  
minusme
Site Admin

Posted: Sat May 10, 2008 6:48 pm Reply with quote

Attention...

I have finished the work on our back-end server and am testing the environment out now. If you see any bugs, please report them here and I'll get them fixed as quickly as possbile.

Thanks for your patience...
Back to top View user's profileSend e-mail
gorgatron

Posted: Sat May 10, 2008 11:35 pm Reply with quote

here's a bug that has been around since you started this update and still seems to be there. i hate to draw attention from other peeps here at UBW, but Paul Giddeon's and Alec Acero's link is constantly at least 1 of 4 in the featured artists. what i mean is that at most there are only two other artists being shown along with thos guys. sometimes you'll get Alek on 3 of them and Paul. artists aren't being cycled through properly as they normally are and should be. i've been keeping since toy shut the site down early sunday morning last week for a few hours.

anyhow, i'm sure it's a minor thing. and no worries about not being notified about bugs. i will give your new server a test drive tomorrow. thanks for your hard work to keep this site one of the most stable out there. i'm also glad to know that all that money i'm throwing at you is going towards something more than lining your fat pockets. Razz just messin'. Laughing
Back to top View user's profile
gunner
ubw honorary squatter
ubw honorary squatter

Posted: Sun May 11, 2008 10:05 am Reply with quote

New Server??....sweeeet
good luck.....and I will go on a bug alert......lol
minusme
Site Admin

Posted: Sun May 11, 2008 10:35 am Reply with quote

Thanks .. let me know about the speed too, I'm hoping that we get a bit of a speed bump from the new box.
gorgatron

Posted: Sun May 11, 2008 11:33 am Reply with quote

minusme wrote:
Thanks .. let me know about the speed too, I'm hoping that we get a bit of a speed bump from the new box.

i've noticed an pickup in speed, now that you mention it. i haven't had any pages hang while loading either, which is something that used to happen frequently. itwas never as bad as with myspaz where sometimes the page just won't load. but, i used to have to hit the refresh button to finally get the page to load. it was obviously never that big of a deal since it would always load in the end.

the bug that i mentioned above is still there. thanks for sorting out the 'charts browser' page!
gorgatron

Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:56 pm Reply with quote

another bug is that the total plays are not tallied at the top of the page. also, the play count of my radio station is about 150+ short.
minusme
Site Admin

Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:46 am Reply with quote

You mean not tallied accurately? I see plays at the top of your artist page.

Thanks..
gorgatron

Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 3:25 pm Reply with quote

no, i mean not tallied at the top of the stats page on the back end of my profile. when i log into my artist page and hit 'stats' and then hit the 'song stats' button, the stats there aren't tallied at all. the songs are in a different order than they appear on my profile (this is a change i'm not fond of) and the stats are not tallied.

sorry, i should have been more clear. i had mentioned it before, though. i'm pretty sure that's the first bug i noticed. anyhow, the profile itself is fine. it's the stats page where i log into that's not. also, i'm about 150+ plays short on my radio station. that's not a big deal, though. just something for you to be aware of.

thanks. Cool
gunner
ubw honorary squatter
ubw honorary squatter

Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:12 pm Reply with quote

I did notice the speed boost...Ive always said faster is better....well except for some things...hahaa
thanks for all your hard work!!
PPB

Posted: Wed May 14, 2008 8:43 pm Reply with quote

streams go faster from france on all providers Very Happy Evil or Very Mad Very Happy Evil or Very Mad
FaceFitz
ubw fanatic
ubw fanatic

Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:31 pm Reply with quote

yes, but do streams go faster 'upstream' or 'downstream'??? nu nu nu nu, nu nu nu nu...

erm in all seriousness though, the site does seem slightly faster (hard to tell on 20 meg broadband)Razz Laughing , though i did get a couple of hang ups last night while PM'ing