UK PROMOTION for BANDS / ARTISTS

Music Forums Advertisments & OFF-SITE Promotion UK PROMOTION for BANDS / ARTISTS  
Post new topicThis topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Message
ukbands_net
ubw newbie
ubw newbie

Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:38 am Reply with quote

Hi all, If you are looking for promotion for your Band or just want to sample what new bands are around then take a look at www.ukbands.net.

We have free gig advertising to ever member in your area, great way to get the name of your Band know if you want to plug your Latest EP or album.

I am around to help and answer any questions you may have on promotion or simply using the services we provide for all members.

We also have a great comprehensive listing of all Key industry members who also use the site including contacts in A&R and Major labels...

If anyone wants to ask any questions or has any feedback then just ask!!

John

Back to top View user's profileSend e-mail
Submerse
ubw newbie
ubw newbie

Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:16 pm Reply with quote

this site is highly recommended.

We've taken a lot of opportunities from here. And usually everything posted has been checked out. If it's a pay-to-play thing its clearly labelled.

UK Bands is very good!
Back to top View user's profile

Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:14 am

I totally agree with you, we have had loads of help and have found a lot of gigs from the site.

I have noticed one of your street team plugging the Band also...I will be at your next london gog without a doubt.

Dawn x
Soulfish
ubw luminary
ubw luminary

Posted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 9:54 pm Reply with quote

just get server not found message - is it off line alot?
Brooksy
ubw screen dweller
ubw screen dweller

Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 1:41 am Reply with quote

I used to have my name up for this. Sometimes I couldn't get in, sometimes I couldn't sign in. And unless you pay 'em 20 a year they stick some sign up warning about servers they don't like, how they infect your computers, especially .cjb & .tk addresses every time you try and access someone's site.

Hell they said my old flash site wouldn't be good advertising. That, again, I should pay 20 a year to have it their site.

The principal advertising is free, though, BUT the principal labels and management firms that go one to scout don't even answer PM's or e-mails....

Might as well employ sign writing....IN THE SKY!!!
Soulfish
ubw luminary
ubw luminary

Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 8:57 am Reply with quote

Quote:

LOL Laughing
drunkship11
ubw rookie
ubw rookie

Posted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:08 pm Reply with quote

oh man we want to tour the UK.
ukbands_net
ubw newbie
ubw newbie

Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 6:02 am Reply with quote

Brooksy wrote:
I used to have my name up for this. Sometimes I couldn't get in, sometimes I couldn't sign in. And unless you pay 'em 20 a year they stick some sign up warning about servers they don't like, how they infect your computers, especially .cjb & .tk addresses every time you try and access someone's site.

Hell they said my old flash site wouldn't be good advertising. That, again, I should pay 20 a year to have it their site.

The principal advertising is free, though, BUT the principal labels and management firms that go one to scout don't even answer PM's or e-mails....

Yes its all good advice we give, and loosing the .cjb crap is very good advice, we always try to educate our members but some don't listen, we can't make them, so if they want to be among the exploited that's their choice.

Your post about the "Unless you pay them" is totally incorrect and I don't appreciate you bad mouthing us with these lies.

We warn everyone about these sites, they deploy spay ware and we could ban them from the site completely which would then be in the interests of everyone, what moron would want to install such crap if they new what it did to their PC and privacy, you obviously are not informed about such matters I suggest you spend a little time educating yourself about this instead of moaning about your inabilities to use your browser effectively.

I have had a number of problems using this site until I got to know what they were not I can over look the fact that when you search the posts to cannot go back so I have to open a results link into a new window for example.

I don't see you going very far with an attitude like that.

So you contacted a few Labels and they ignored you, so what's new? welcome to the real world, if a Label spends all their time answering people who they are not interested in I doubt they will have time to do anything else, they must get hundreds of enquiries every day but choose only to answer the Artists that they are interested in. Do you cry every time to send a demo to a Label and get no reply?

nuff said

UK's Largest Band, Management, Label & Venue Promotion Portal

John - UKbands.net
Help & Support UKbands.net
jb@ukbands.net
http://www.ukbands.net tel: 01429 824300

Add me to your address book... Want a signature like this?
ukbands_net
ubw newbie
ubw newbie

Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 6:06 am Reply with quote

drunkship11 wrote:
oh man we want to tour the UK.

Hi, we have helped a few US artists to get over to the UK and some have received very good deals from Publishers on the site.

take a look around, it taks time so don't ecpect miracles in a few days, it may take a while untill to find the right contact.

The more you are seen in the public eye or in the forums the more interest you will create.

If you need any help just give me a shout on the site.

Regards

John
ukbands_net
ubw newbie
ubw newbie

Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 6:12 am Reply with quote

Submerse wrote:
this site is highly recommended.

We've taken a lot of opportunities from here. And usually everything posted has been checked out. If it's a pay-to-play thing its clearly labelled.

UK Bands is very good!

Hi Lads,

I don't think we have spoken before but Katie does a great job for you lads, may have bands over in Denmark in the spring, have you checked out the GroundZero forum?

Thanks for the comment

Give me a shout and if you need any help I will see what I an do.

John
minusme
Site Admin

Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:29 am Reply with quote

John,

Why are you tearing someone down instead of trying to learn from their problem? IT really does not reflect positively on you or your site. Generally I support any SITE that supports unsigned bands, but all you seem to do is tear things down. You ripped my site in an email to me after posting on your forums, and then you rip Brooksy here for some honest feedback on your site.

Every site goes through problems, we have had our share here. That doesn't mean I tore apart every person that commented on them. I learned from them and made the site better.

When you get negative feedback on your site, do you always resort to making it a personal issue with the person that tells you about it?

This will be the last post I allow that denegrates one of our members. The only reason I'm leaving it is so others that are considering joining your site can get a feel for what kind of person is running it.

Ron
Brooksy
ubw screen dweller
ubw screen dweller

Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 11:38 am Reply with quote

There's a sore looser here...and it ain't UBW.

Screw UKBands if they're that vindictive. I'll get contacts off my own back...Strike me from y' list... I don't associate with children...except my own that have a little more maturity (7 & 5 respectively).

Oh, and according to research you've helped 1% of Bands in 1 year. Really shitty stats if y' ask me....YES I'M MAD!!!! AND THOSE WHO DESTROY MY DAUGHTER'S NAME WILL PAY!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

P.S.
Anyone up for a beer?