The Sense Of Amelia Rock /Indie London band.

Music Forums Song Reviews The Sense Of Amelia Rock /Indie London band.  
TheDanSkinnerRecords
ubw newbie
ubw newbie

Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:14 am Reply with quote

Please let us know your opinions of "Dried Up" and/or "Something I'm Into" by The Sense Of Amelia.

"Dried Up" http://www.unsignedbandweb.com/music/play.php?mode=song_hifi&band_id=13327&song_id=30572

Something I'm Into http://www.unsignedbandweb.com/music/play.php?mode=song_hifi&band_id=13327&song_id=30573

Many thanks,

Dan.

Last edited by TheDanSkinnerRecords on Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top View user's profile
lodato

Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:11 pm Reply with quote

I like the song "Dried Up". It seems a little harsh on the cymbals crashes like they're distorted. Maybe it's a digital conversion problem. Also, there's whistle twords the end of the track that seem out of tune. That might be intentional. Good strong song and well written.

I left a URL for other folks since you forgot to leave one. If you don't know how to get it, it's on your page in the song section and says "view code". All the best to you. -rl

"Dried Up" http://www.unsignedbandweb.com/music/play.php?mode=song_hifi&band_id=13327&song_id=30572
Colli
ubw newbie
ubw newbie

Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:00 am Reply with quote

I like it alot. Very original and its rare I will listen to a song all the way to the end. - In reply to theI like it alot. Very original and its rare I will listen to a song all the way to the end. - In reply to the other post - yeah I think the whistling is intensional! other post - yeah I think the whistling is intensional! Cool
Ambassador
ubw newbie
ubw newbie

Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:30 am Reply with quote

Good stuff. Personally I prefer Something I'm Into, but both sound very mature and fun. Just that Something I'm Into has a more likeable hook to it... but that's just personal preferance.
TheDanSkinnerRecords
ubw newbie
ubw newbie

Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:34 am Reply with quote

I think the whistle may have been intentional by the player but not by me. I don't mind it so it has stayed. Thanks for all the feed back, it's great to get other peoples honest opinions.

Cheers,

Dan.
Marino
ubw newbie
ubw newbie

Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:54 am Reply with quote

Nice solid performance..I'm liking the Axel(G&R) timber on the vox..Quite solid guitar execution and tone bite..I agree with cymbals harshness issue..Seems a bit loud on the mix...If you had a separate mix of the drums maybe you run a high pass filter and kill some of that harshness...Awesome horn section...Thumbs up!
Matilda348
ubw newbie
ubw newbie

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:05 am Reply with quote

which shows up right there besides unknown sources. sarahahapp In this overview, initially you will certainly need to download.