Is Soundcloud making a comeback?

Music Forums Music Is Soundcloud making a comeback?  
Poll :: Do you use Soundcloud to find new music?

Always
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Never
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sometimes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0

DropzoneUK
ubw newbie
ubw newbie

Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:48 am Reply with quote

We have all heard of the streaming site 'Soundcloud' and it has long be renowned as a place to find new music, as well as skyrocketing indie artist's popularity.
The site has recently received some bad press among rumours that the site is fast losing money but is this reflected in their users? I think the answer is a firm NO.

As an independent musician I often find myself trawling the tracks on soundcloud to find fresh music and personally I feel the site is proving to be worth its weight in gold to many artists.
Genre's like Dance, Electronic,ROCK/Indie/Alternative and especially hip-hop have been making the most of the sites free service's and I can tell you, if you want the drop on new music, Soundcloud is the place to be to impress your friends by being the first to know that 'new song' from your favourite artists.
I also feel that for the music community, especially aspiring artists that are on the come up, Soundcloud is very important. With companies like Spotify, Deezer, Apple music and Google play all competing to take the lions share of the music streaming market, new artist's increasingly find themselves stonewalled by these tech giants and UK music is suffering as a result. Major artists are the only thing they are interested in promoting (we all know why $£$£$£) and there are fewer and fewer avenues for new musicians to able to get their foot in the door. As a listener I want to be able to discover new music, fresh talent and unknown arists's on my own accord, not just listen to what the fat cats at Spotify HQ tell me is 'this months hottest track'.

With record sales dropping at an enormous rate, now more than ever as a community we need to take the music business back in our hands! Otherwise who knows, in a decade the only 'New music' available will be 'Pitbull's' latest attempt at a comeback.... and surely nobody wants that!?

Dropzone Entertainment

Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top View user's profile