How do I add remote ratings and include dynamic signatures??

Music Forums Bugs, Questions, & Technical Help How do I add remote ratings and include dynamic signatures??  
edjgraphix
ubw rookie
ubw rookie

Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:18 am Reply with quote

I upgraded my account this month, and I have no idea how (or where to find info how) to use the features:

REMOTE RATINGS:
Remote rating allows you to add song “rate it!” links on your ‘official’ website. The ratings carry over to your Artist page and the Unsigned Band Web Rating chart!

and

DYNAMIC SIGNATURE:
The dynamic signature is a detailed Artist stats box that can be used as a signature in the footer of your forum posts. It gives statistics such as total plays and downloads, total number of songs on your Artist page, total number of Artist page visits, newest song uploaded, and number of radio stations you have created. The signature also acts as a direct link to your Artist page. You can use your dynamic signature at ANY PHP based forum (which is most of them!).
Back to top View user's profileSend e-mail
minusme
Site Admin

Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 8:23 am Reply with quote

To use the dynamic signature, login to the artist page manager, click 'extras' at the top, then choose dynamic signature and choose a color and font. We are upgrading this from a previous manual integration, so the stats are not included yet, but we will be adding in some play stats soon.

For the ratings, you can put your own form on other websites to allow people to rate your songs and we will record them as if they had come directly from our site. One use might be to post your songs on your personal website or blog, and include a small rating form right on that site. When people rate the song, they stay on your site. The UBW basically serves as a 'song host' and 'rating system' in this case. Let me know if you need help setting this up and we will help you get up and running. Basically you would start by using the rating form already on your UBW artist page, just view source, grab the form elements, and post them into your own page. Then you can customize to fit the look and feel of your site.

Sorry for the late reply - been stretched in different directions as of late Very Happy

Ron
Back to top View user's profileSend e-mail