A story about Brooksy and his missing months

Music Forums Off Topic Discussion A story about Brooksy and his missing months  
Will
ubw rookie
ubw rookie

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:16 am Reply with quote

Okay...here's the full story...I'm here!!!

Right.
I have been in Rehab because naughty me got hooked on what we call alcohol. That's that watered down stuff you get in that place...er..dammit...ah yeah, a pub.

Beer drove me crazy enough to nearly end my marriage, loose my kids and drop the odd drug, so it was time to sort my sorry, pathetic ass out. And being an alcoholic is one thing to be ashamed of, but sitting there in the "sessions" with kids, and I mean 13 year olds who haven't even begun puberty was even worse.

Anyway, I stepped fourth into this brave new wrold two weeks ago to come home and find that my little wifey had bought me a beutiful, new, sexy Fender Electro-Acoustic and some extra guitar lessons Wink

)

Everybody around me has been great about this, and it really goes to show that anyone can fall into this trap of beer and abuse whether you're signed or unsigned, so let myself be a little lesson to everyone. Stay clean, clear-headed and do what y' do best.

To ImL:
Rehab guys think you rock. One guy drove himself nuts on Autobahn Laughing

To Alek:
Betcha still roaming this planet, arn't y' Laughing

To Unproject:
Already said it, but peace, my friend.

To Mr and Mrs Minuses and the mini minuses:
Glad to see this place is as strong as ever. And Ron, thanks for a little bit of salvation in the tome of music that's been built here.

To everyone else:
Muuuuuuuuunnnnnccccccccchhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Laughing

Peace.
(P.S.
Evidently I didn't find God....Although I did find a nurse called Louise who had the biggest pair of t*ts I've ever seen Laughing )
Back to top View user's profile
ImL

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:09 am Reply with quote

hey Will

Welcome back ol' bud
so good to hear from you again and it's bloody brilliant you asked for help at the right time. We don't appreciate what we got till it's nearly gone and you are the man for sharing this with us all. That takes guts. ...
...and that guitar ! ! Your wifey, too, is the man Laughing The Brooksys and Bookets are the men! ( I kill myself sometimes)

Now all you gotta do is fill up your home page with your music ...

Will's back and keep away from Pingu land
Back to top View user's profileSend e-mail
unproject

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:32 am Reply with quote

ImL wrote:
...Your wifey, too, is the man...

this cracked me up nicely Laughing

looks like all we need now is the good old banana boy. i wonder when he's gonna get a decent connection from madagascar...
Seneki
ubw luminary
ubw luminary

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:17 am Reply with quote

Thats some heavy stuff to share - but congrads for going through it all and coming out a better person!
Glad you could turn it around, coz ive seen a few friends head down that path and a few still haven't come back no matter how much i miss them or try to help them.
The biggest and hardest step is wanting to help yourself. well done!

-Seneki
Will
ubw rookie
ubw rookie

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:48 am Reply with quote

Yo ImL you NZ King of all things that go ping, ping plonk. Brooksy and Bookets indeed Laughing But sorry to say that I won't be filling up any homepages cause, not for a very long time at least, I won't be recording at all.

And just to let you know my wife was a man, but I had to save up for that change Laughing

Watch out Pingu, your ass is mine Evil or Very Mad

Support Alek:

Needed; a huge satellite dish
Plenty of leads
One giant server (we could steal Ron's while he's not looking Laughing )
A large monitor and a keyboard

Donations are to be given to the Banana Communication Fund c/o Alek, banana king. Laughing
smili

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:05 pm Reply with quote

Hi Brooksy, welcome back. Nice Guitar!

Makes me glad I"m only hooked on Diet Mtn Dew. Very Happy Good to hear from you again.
Will
ubw rookie
ubw rookie

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:14 pm Reply with quote

Hey bud...nice to be home...Thanks smili..missed you all...

Yeah, never had an electro acoustic..kinda sweet...
Soulfish
ubw luminary
ubw luminary

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:35 pm Reply with quote

Hey Brooksy! Welcome back - missed your demented ass round here! The boards got quiet without ya! Glad to hear you're sorting your s**t out bro - It's a long weird old trip this life thing now aint it! Day at a time bro - day at a time! They give you a chip? We gone all rude since you where here last - got a bunch of new stuff I'll sen ya if you PM me your address if you like....Anyway - good to hear from you - buy your wife some flowers huh! Sounds like you got a good woman there because that's a cool guitar. Stay safe and....
Keep on keepin on Wink
Soulfish.
Guitarman152
ubw luminary
ubw luminary

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:36 pm Reply with quote

Hey Brooksy, I don't know you, I joined in July and I've seen the name brooksy around here somewhere but not in the forums as Will . . .anyway I'm really glad to hear that you're battling your demons and doing well, , , as Soulfish said "day at a time bro - day at a time!" Congrats !!!
I look forward to hearing some of your music as soon you can possibly get it going. . . . .

Peace,
Erick . . .
Will
ubw rookie
ubw rookie

Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:36 am Reply with quote

I got the Sooouuullllllllllll Fish Laughing

And thanks for saying I have demented ass, sound like I'm unsafe to be around Laughing Laughing You're right

Hey Guitarman, yeah didn't know if my Brooksy ID was still workin'. Thanks for your words, dude. I'll check your stuff out.
ImL

Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:43 am Reply with quote

Cool
nice avatar
Will
ubw rookie
ubw rookie

Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:53 am Reply with quote

ImL wrote:
Cool