"Cheers and A Smile"

Music Forums Lyrics "Cheers and A Smile"  
RiCterMan
ubw luminary
ubw luminary

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:58 am Reply with quote

This is the last one until tomorrow, and I'll probably only post one song tomorrow. I don't want to infiltrate the board with a million more of my threads.

I wrote this about a week after I stopped feeling bad most of the time. What I'm about to say, may sound morbid, but I wrote it especially for my funeral. See, I don't want it to be all of my family and friends gathering in sadness. I'd rather it be a happier time and a celebration of the life I lived. I now feel much more alive than before, though I'm still having some less serious trouble with other aspects of life. My idea for this one is that even if the chance arises, where I could release this in any way, not to. I do want to record it, but I want to do so, specifically, to be played for my loved ones at my funeral. It's pretty personal, but I still want to share it here.

"Cheers and A Smile"

Take me away
into the unknown.
To all who care,
don't you fret; I'm going home now.
I'll be fine.
I'm in my place, and I'm,
so free, here...

(Pre-Chor.):
I'm glad I got the chance to-

(Chorus):
Live before I left...
-To feel the peace inside, of me.
I... know that I'll be fine.
I'm thankful I
saw it all so clear
before I closed my eyes.

So hear me today.
Let it be known
by everyone who cares,
you won't forget, and I'll live on. Don't cry now.
Keep in mind,
you have the memories, and I,
will always be there...

(Pre-Chor.)

(Chorus)

(Bridge to Outro):
Hey now,
smile...
I'm fine now,
and I'm smiling down on all of you.

(repeat twice after first time sung):
Smile...

I lived and...
I felt peace.
I'll be... fine...
This shouldn't be a sad time.
You must be thankful and celebrate,
cause' I smiled when I saw...
I saw,
before I closed my eyes...

(repeat and fade to end):
Smile...

EnD

The title to this song was inspired by my use of those words on the internet, when communicating with others (and exiting). However, I didn't write the song and suddenly decide to start saying it online. I just thought that it would fit as the title, because I didn't use the phrase until after I started feeling good again. That's really the whole reason I say it.

Also, just something interesting to add: I showed this to my father, and explained what I wanted to do with it. When I finished singing it, he looked more impressed with it, than with most of all of the songs that I've written, and he also told me I could sing it at his funeral if I wanted to. I asked if he was joking, because he does tend to joke a lot, but he told me he was serious. ...I don't know. It may be nothing, but it kind of shocked me when that happened.

And that's all I've got to say right now...

Cheers and a smile, All!

RiCterMan
Back to top View user's profile
En-En
ubw rookie
ubw rookie

Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:42 am Reply with quote

it cool man it's realy cool... evry jam ya rot is realy cool homy...
ya always got subjects like abota lif and al dis bulshit phhh ya'r aait man realy aait

and man if ya got msn or samting hala at me
my msn is shaky_317@walla.co.il
my icq is 250240290
my yahoo masenger is rabit_yanovernethers

realy it's my homyz but i'm at his plac so hala at me

PIS

INDEFINITE
RiCterMan
ubw luminary
ubw luminary

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:30 am Reply with quote

Thanks En-En. I always try to write with the idea in mind, of giving my words good substance.

Every time I write, with the exception of two songs I've written, that are supposed to be humorous, I try to put my emotions into it, in a strong way. Still, all the feelings that I try to portray, don't show through nearly as much as when I'm singing them for someone, to see what they think.

It's a cool feeling when you show someone a song, more-so when you sing it and they think it's better than just good. I mean, when I show my songs to my father and I ask what he thinks, he usually says, "pretty good." But he doesn't like my style of music, (Rock, light Metal) therefore he doesn't usually have that much interest in the lyrical content. That's why he says, "pretty good" (I usually just read them to him). Anyway, my point is, I did show him this one, vocally, after I wrote it, and I was actually very surprised. Because it was a more personal subject matter, he didn't judge it based on his taste in music, and when I finished singing it, he was noticably stunned. I've stunned friends with many of my songs, but I never expected it would happen with him.

Of course', I make it a point, not to think too much of these perceptions. I only told you guys about what happened with my father being stunned, because that was probably one of the best feelings I've had, and it did seem somewhat significant at the time. However, I refuse to think too much of my songs, until the day that I have crowds singing every word, to every song that I'm singing, and everyone knows that's a remote chance.

That's all I'll say about that. Cheers, to En-En, and everyone else!

RiCterMan