ideas anyone?

Music Forums Lyrics ideas anyone?  
Soulfish
ubw luminary
ubw luminary

Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:43 pm Reply with quote

Ok - here's the coup. Got a new tune guitarist has come up with. Sweet melody, nice structure, predictably bizarre time signature - But here's the thing. He's got a great concept. It's based on a joke his old man(in Italy) tells about a little boy who says nothing for 10 years, until on his 10th birthday he's sitting at the dinner table and asks "Pass the salt". His parents freak. They reckoned he was dumb or brain damaged. They asked him if he had always been able to speak and he confirms he could. They ask why he never spoke and he replies. "I've never needed anything so I had nothing to say!.

Songs going to be called "Salt Boy". Just for the sheer blind bloomin fun of it I wondered if anyone was interested in putting together some words that hold the concept. We could compare approaches etc on the same subject and at a later date the song will no doubt be put up for UBW judgement. Let me know! Wink

Oh, P.S. Only lyric I've got so far is for a chorus which is -
"You took your time
Saying
Anything at all!"
Back to top View user's profile
smili

Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:55 pm Reply with quote

It'd be interesting to use the theme that the important simple things we already have, and while we don't realize it the kid already does.

kindof like what we're talking about the other day - getting tied up in things that don't matter so much. Kids don't care what car Mom and Dad drive.

smili
Soulfish
ubw luminary
ubw luminary

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:37 am Reply with quote

smili wrote:
It'd be interesting to use the theme that the important simple things we already have, and while we don't realize it the kid already does.

kindof like what we're talking about the other day - getting tied up in things that don't matter so much. Kids don't care what car Mom and Dad drive.

smili

Like it....and adding the dimension that if you give a kid the world then the danger is they have no need to go and and find it for themselves - and therefore live lives of the "comfortably numb" as Floydd put it!
Brooksy
ubw screen dweller
ubw screen dweller

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:08 pm Reply with quote

I remember being told that story.

The basis behind it if you don't have anything to say that's useful or a verbal vocation for assistance then remain quiet.
The kid in the story has always had things in reach of him, so he's been gifted to be able to REACH for the things he needs, until one day his goal is out of reach, so he needs assistance.
Soulfish
ubw luminary
ubw luminary

Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:45 pm Reply with quote

Brooksy wrote:
I remember being told that story.

The basis behind it if you don't have anything to say that's useful or a verbal vocation for assistance then remain quiet.
The kid in the story has always had things in reach of him, so he's been gifted to be able to REACH for the things he needs, until one day his goal is out of reach, so he needs assistance.

Nice one!!!! Shocked Wink