Recording gear?

Music Forums Music Recording gear?  
Cnyl
ubw rookie
ubw rookie

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:35 pm Reply with quote

What's everyone got for recording gear?
What was used to record your songs that are on UBW?

I use:
Sonar 2.2,Sound Forge 4.5, Motu 2408, Soundcraft Spirit Studio 24/24 board, P3/ Win 2000 512 ram, Sampson monitors, $99.00 Carlo Robelli acoustic, Old set of ludwigs, Ibanez SDgr bass, PBC electric. Zoom 3000 and numerous mics. I will be upgrading the PC soon.
Back to top View user's profile
ssmusic
ubw newbie
ubw newbie

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:05 pm Reply with quote

Cubasis VST. 5.0, 89.00 acoustic Falcon. Audacity wav editor. 80GB Celeron Time PC.

Oh, and Brooksy....cheap....but good.
Dlinkquint
ubw fanatic
ubw fanatic

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:20 pm Reply with quote

nuendo2
creamware scope fusion platform(really cool souncard if i say so myself)
pc, p4 2.summit, gig of ram
wavelab
loads of plug in's the usual
yamaha cs1x keyboard
emu planet phatt
peavey 1600x midi controller(which controls all the parameters on the synths that come with my souncard,click on the parameter and assign no messing with cc number's)
^^thats why i love my soundcard so much
Broussard Beats
ubw rookie
ubw rookie

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:39 pm Reply with quote

imac g4,motu 828, DP4 software for recording, eps plus 16 keyboard,waves plugins, 2 sound modules
,roland speakers
gullfo
ubw newbie
ubw newbie

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:05 pm Reply with quote

Cakewalk Sonar Producer Edition 4, SoundForge 7, CD Architect 5, WinLAME RC3, OmniStudio/Delta 66 @ 44.1khz/24bit, Audio-Technica AT3035 mic, '02 Fender Stratocaster, '94 Fender Precision Bass, '64 Fender Mustang, '72 Gibson Les Paul, '00 Carlo Robelli Classical, Kurzweil SP88, LiveSynth Pro, SonicImpact Soundfonts, Timeworks Compression & EQ, Midiman SP5 monitors, Altec-Lansing PC monitors w/ subwoofer, SoundBlaster Live!, Dell 1.6ghz PC w/ 512mb RAM, 80gb running Windows XP Pro in non-ACPI mode, about 500 VST plugins & soft synths...
smili

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:12 pm Reply with quote

Nothing fancy. Emu/Ensoniq Paris DAW on a PC, Acid Software/loops on 1 tune. Sytek mic pre and Mackie 1604, lotsa mics, Furman HRM/HDS headphone distribution helps alot when tracking. Tannoy Reveal monitors.
Soulfish
ubw luminary
ubw luminary

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:07 pm Reply with quote

A residential(you sure aint walking home after an 18 hour session...) studio called 811 run by an old Harley Chapter biker with a mashed up leg- a large Liverpuddlian who refuses to be photographed and threatens us with baseball bats if it's not sorted in 2 takes, Jimmy Page's old desk and a credit tab that reads like a mortgage.

Cubase what....???!!!
Cnyl
ubw rookie
ubw rookie

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:32 am Reply with quote

Soulfish wrote:
A residential(you sure aint walking home after an 18 hour session...) studio called 811 run by an old Harley Chapter biker with a mashed up leg- a large Liverpuddlian who refuses to be photographed and threatens us with baseball bats if it's not sorted in 2 takes, Jimmy Page's old desk and a credit tab that reads like a mortgage.

Cubase what....???!!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing
How many tracks? Audio or digital? If audio, what size tape was the old Harley Chapter biker using? Laughing

I noticed you said " we don't really gig it anymore" (Sunflower)... That's a great song! It's my fav out of the three.. Are you just burned out on it?
Can't wait to hear more!
Alan
Soulfish
ubw luminary
ubw luminary

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:20 pm Reply with quote

Cnyl wrote:
Soulfish wrote:

Cubase what....???!!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing
How many tracks? Audio or digital? If audio, what size tape was the old Harley Chapter biker using? Laughing

I noticed you said " we don't really gig it anymore" (Sunflower)... That's a great song! It's my fav out of the three.. Are you just burned out on it?
Can't wait to hear more!
Alan

Just upgraded so I'll put some more stuff up if you like..We've moved into other territory recently so Sunflower feels more like a stepping stone than an arrival if you get me.
As to tape or digi - We actually had a dude real keen on us who invested in a full Logic Audio Platinum set up on a G4 and hard wired into 811 (it's a totally analogue studio-complete with reverb unit in a big box at the end of the garden). Could never really get it to work though - we figured Mikey (the old Harley boy) was coming in at night and pissing on it - he really hates digital with a passion. TThink it's still there but looking a bit rusty!
Tape size - Don't know - quarter something inch??!!! Hell I just play guitar and sing. It's best not to ask the engineer too many questions before the congac and Puchin (Irish moonshine - sends you blind!) comes out and by then we're hard at it!
Keep on keepin on! Wink
ImL

Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 4:27 am Reply with quote

NCH Wavepad, Audacity Wave editor, Nero.
Back to top View user's profileSend e-mail
Brooksy
ubw screen dweller
ubw screen dweller

Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 7:57 am Reply with quote

ssmusic wrote:
Cubasis VST. 5.0, 89.00 acoustic Falcon. Audacity wav editor. 80GB Celeron Time PC.

Oh, and Brooksy....cheap....but good.

What y' mean I'm cheap.... Shocked

Just to correct...the Falcon Acoustic will be taking a rest.